Passing database info to page allow user input then pass into another database

Renie83

Hi I really am going crazy!
I'm using VBScript, ASP, and SQL
My page reminds me of a shopping cart but looking at shopping cart
examples has not helped!
What I have is a page that brings in products ordered by a certain
company. Along with those values, I'm creating a text box at the end
of each record that a user may or may not enter in an estimated
delivery date. If the user does enter in a date I want that row of
data submitted to a table with that date. First of all I need to check
to see if the user has entered anything in the text boxes. I was
trying to go through them with a for next loop using
document.form.elements.length as my ending count but that did not seem
to work. Also another problem I am facing is making sure all the
records on the page are being looked at. I wanted to put my if
request.form("submitTop") <> "" underneath where my recordset is open,
but this too does not work.
So what I need to happen when the submit button is hit is:
A way to check and see if something is entered in a text box, if it is
then add that line of data pulled from my first table and the user
input estimated delivery date value into a new table. I need to make
sure I go to each record in my list to check to see if anything has
been entered in the text box.
Thank you very much. Any help on any little bit of my problem would be
greatly appreciated!
Renie83

Ray at

May I suggest splitting up your questions into individual posts that focus
on one particular task? I kinda got lost. Also, maybe some code or a
layout of your form would help.

Ray at work

MDW

Well, there are a couple of ways to go about doing this.
Few questions, first:

Do all the text boxes in question have the same name?

Are we working with a dynamic number of records, where one
time we could be looking at 2 products, another time we're
looking at 50?

The page w/ the textboxes, I assume it's getting posted or
something to another page. Are all the records being
posted at once, or is there a seperate "Submit" button for
each product?