Passing database info to page allow user input then pass into another database

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Renie83, Jul 14, 2003.

  1. Renie83

    Renie83 Guest

    Hi I really am going crazy!
    I'm using VBScript, ASP, and SQL
    My page reminds me of a shopping cart but looking at shopping cart
    examples has not helped!
    What I have is a page that brings in products ordered by a certain
    company. Along with those values, I'm creating a text box at the end
    of each record that a user may or may not enter in an estimated
    delivery date. If the user does enter in a date I want that row of
    data submitted to a table with that date. First of all I need to check
    to see if the user has entered anything in the text boxes. I was
    trying to go through them with a for next loop using
    document.form.elements.length as my ending count but that did not seem
    to work. Also another problem I am facing is making sure all the
    records on the page are being looked at. I wanted to put my if
    request.form("submitTop") <> "" underneath where my recordset is open,
    but this too does not work.
    So what I need to happen when the submit button is hit is:
    A way to check and see if something is entered in a text box, if it is
    then add that line of data pulled from my first table and the user
    input estimated delivery date value into a new table. I need to make
    sure I go to each record in my list to check to see if anything has
    been entered in the text box.
    Thank you very much. Any help on any little bit of my problem would be
    greatly appreciated!
    Renie83

    Renie83, Jul 14, 2003

  2. Renie83

    Ray at Guest

    May I suggest splitting up your questions into individual posts that focus
    on one particular task? I kinda got lost. Also, maybe some code or a
    layout of your form would help.

    Ray at work

    Ray at, Jul 14, 2003

  3. Renie83

    MDW Guest

    Well, there are a couple of ways to go about doing this.
    Few questions, first:

    Do all the text boxes in question have the same name?

    Are we working with a dynamic number of records, where one
    time we could be looking at 2 products, another time we're
    looking at 50?

    The page w/ the textboxes, I assume it's getting posted or
    something to another page. Are all the records being
    posted at once, or is there a seperate "Submit" button for
    each product?

    MDW, Jul 14, 2003