Passing Dictionary object byref

Ryan Malone

Passing Dictionary object byref

Ive created an ASP class that uses a dictionary object which is filled
from a recordset. It passes the object to the propterty of another ASP
class byref:

Public Property Let dicReplaceVars(byref vdicReplaceVars)
set p_ReplaceVars = vdicReplaceVars
End Property

Private p_ReplaceVars

where it is used in this other class a few times to replace values in
an array:

Function ReplaceVars(vArrayItem)

' turn it into an array split at spaces
vArrayItem = split(vArrayItem," ")
' loop through the array
for count = lbound(vArrayItem) to ubound(vArrayItem)

'See if it is a replacement variable and exists in the dictionary
if left(vArrayItem(count),6) = "tkRep_" and
p_ReplaceVars.exists(vArrayItem(count)) then
' then replace it
Error occurs here >> vArrayItem(count) =
p_ReplaceVars.Item(cstr(vArrayItem(count)))
end if
next

dim vArrayItemNew
vArrayItemNew = ""

' Loop through the array and put it back together
for count = lbound(vArrayItem) to ubound(vArrayItem)

if vArrayItem(count) = ubound(vArrayItem) then
vArrayItemNew = vArrayItemNew & vArrayItem(count)
else
vArrayItemNew = vArrayItemNew & vArrayItem(count) & " "
end if
next

' return the vArrayItemNew to the function
ReplaceVars = vArrayItemNew
End Function

The error message I get is:

ADODB.Field (0x800A0D5C)
Object is no longer valid.
D:\WWW\LCDEV\DOC_FUNCTIONS\../classes/classlcDocTKit_item.asp, line 52

However I have no idea why, it is a dictionary object and not a
recordset, the object should still be open.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ray at

Are you looking at the right line in the right page? Like, is
classlcDocTKit_item.asp an include file perhaps, and you're looking at line
52 in the page with the include directive instead?

Ray at work

Ryan Malone

Hi Ray

Thanks for the reply, the code that ive included is from
classlcDocTKit_item.asp. It has got me completely stumped.