passing file data as parameter to sql server from asp script

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by IMRAN, Jan 8, 2006.

  1. IMRAN

    IMRAN Guest

    I have created a component which parses some flat
    files and stores in Sql database. Now I want to move
    that COM object to database server.

    Now the scenario will be like this :

    1) ASP page will get the file from the client

    2) Then ASP page will call the stored procedure
    alongwith the file data as parameter.

    3) Store procedure will store that file on local hard disk
    of databa server and will call the com object passing
    the file path with name to it.

    How can I pass the file to sql server ?

    I am thinking about passing it as binary data.

    Please advise !

    IMRAN, Jan 8, 2006

  2. Following URL might be helpful to you:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...ide/html/cpconwritingblobvaluestodatabase.asp

    Elton Wang

    =?Utf-8?B?RWx0b24gVw==?=, Jan 8, 2006