Passing Identity to another Thread and then to Web Service

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Mythran, Aug 23, 2006.

  1. Mythran

    Mythran Guest

    Problem #1:
    We have an server application in COM+ on the same machine we have a web
    application on. The web application creates a Principal and Identity object
    containing the users information and what he/she/it has access to. When the
    web app makes a call to the server application, how can we obtain the
    Principal and Identity objects from the web application?

    Problem #2:
    We have a server application in COM+ on ServerA. On ServerB we have our Web
    Service application/assemblies. Once we solve Problem #1, we should have a
    Principal and Identity instance from our server application and we now need
    to call the web service on ServerB. We need to pass our Principal and
    Identity objects from the server application in COM+ on ServerA to our Web
    Service application/assemblies on ServerB. How can we go about this?

    We have tried passing using different methods, but most of the time, it
    bombs off complaining that Identity is not Serializable.....<mumbles>.

    Thanks in advance,
    Mythran
    Mythran, Aug 23, 2006