    El Durango Guest

    I need to pass a javascript to JSP code but I cannot figure it out.
    any help would be appreciated.
    El Durango, Aug 11, 2004

  2. El Durango

    kaeli Guest

    In article <3KcSc.3978$>,
    enlightened us with...
    > I need to pass a javascript to JSP code but I cannot figure it out.
    > any help would be appreciated.

    JSP runs on the server before the client has received a response.
    Javascript runs on the client after the server has terminated the response to
    the client.

    You'll need to submit a client request to the server to do this, either
    through a form (iframe, frame, current window, whatever), a URI/querystring,
    applet, ActiveX, COM, or a dynamic script (not all of those are cross-
    browser).

    ~kaeli~
    Shotgun wedding: A case of wife or death.
    http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
    http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace
    kaeli, Aug 11, 2004