Passing multiple values using Response.Redirect

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Anne, Jul 7, 2003.

  1. Anne

    Anne Guest

    hie there, i want to be able to pass multiple parameters
    to another page. currently, i am able to do so, but
    somehow i feel it is not the correct way to do it. below
    is part of what i have so far.

    'first page
    Private Sub btnOK_ServerClick(ByVal sender As
    btnOK.Click
    Response.Redirect("InputValues.aspx?Requestor=" &
    txtRequestor.Text & " Lower= " & txtLower.Text)
    End Sub

    'second page
    Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal
    e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
    Dim strRequestor As String
    strRequestor = Request.QueryString("Requestor")
    Response.Write("Requestor = " & strRequestor)
    End Sub

    the output i will get is :
    Requestor = * Lower = 10

    My question is, how can i pass the 2nd parameter(in the
    txtLower.Text) to the next page without passing the
    keyword "Lower" and still obtain the same output?

    i want my second page to look like this:

    Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal
    e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
    Dim strRequestor As String
    Dim strLower As String
    strRequestor = Request.QueryString("Requestor")
    Response.Write("Requestor = " & strRequestor)
    Response.Write("<br>")
    strLower = Request.QueryString("Lower")
    Response.Write(strLower)
    End Sub

    Please help, and thanx in advance.
    Anne, Jul 7, 2003

  2. Anne

    Natty Gur Guest

    Hi,

    You can use Server.Transfer("InputValues.aspx",true) to call the
    InputValues.aspx page with the Form and QueryString data.

    You can also take advantage of Context while using
    Server.Transfer("InputValues.aspx") and send any data that you want via
    Context.Items

    Natty Gur, CTO
    Dao2Com Ltd.
    28th Baruch Hirsch st. Bnei-Brak
    Israel , 51114

    Phone Numbers:
    Office: +972-(0)3-5786668
    Fax: +972-(0)3-5703475
    Mobile: +972-(0)58-888377

    Know the overall picture

    Natty Gur, Jul 7, 2003

  3. Anne

    Anne Guest

    hie natty. thanx 4 your reply. i've tried using your
    method, but i still do not get the output i wanted, that
    is how do i pass multiple parameters to the next page.
    Thanx!

    ***

    Anne, Jul 7, 2003
  4. Anne

    Natty Gur Guest

    Hi,
    The calling page :
    Context.Items.Add("DataA","yourData");
    Context.Items.Add("ObjectData",System.DateTime.Now);

    the target page :

    string StringData = (string)Context["DataA"];
    System.DateTime oDateTime = (System.DateTime)Context["ObjectData"]

    Natty Gur, Jul 7, 2003
  5. Anne

    makthar Guest

    First method:

    If you are using the request.querystring use "&" between
    the values

    Response.Redirect("InputValues.aspx?Requestor=" &
    txtRequestor.Text & "&Lower= " & txtLower.Text)

    InputValues.aspx page retrieve the values:

    strRequestor = Request.QueryString("Requestor")
    Response.Write("Requestor = " & strRequestor)

    strLower = Request.QueryString("Lower")
    Response.Write("Lower = " & strLower)

    Second Method:

    Use session Variables if you don't want to display these
    values in the header

    on page 1
    session("Requestor")=txtRequestor.Text
    Session("Lower")=txtlower.text
    response.redirect("InputValues.aspx")

    In the InputValues.aspx page
    strRequestor=session("Requestor")
    strLower=Session("Lower")
    Session("Requestor")=nothing
    Session("Lower")=nothing

    Hope that helps.

    makthar, Jul 7, 2003
  6. Anne

    David Waz... Guest

    Do you HAVE to use the 2nd page. Sometimes it's best to do the processing
    in a single page...

    Assuming you have to do it that way,
    why not use Session to transfer the data. Just clean up after yourself on
    the 2nd page by removing the values after you extract the values.

    David Waz..., Jul 8, 2003
  7. Anne

    Anne Guest

    hie makthar! thanx a lot 4 your help. it solved my prob! :)

    &

    Anne, Jul 8, 2003
  8. Anne

    Anne Guest

    thanx david 4 your suggestion. appreciate it very much.

    ***

    Anne, Jul 8, 2003