    Let me know what you think?

    Thanks
    Jim Rendant

    Jim Rendant, Oct 10, 2003

  2. Jim Rendant

    Malte Ubl Guest

    Jim Rendant wrote:

    > I am new at web page design and was wondering if I created an object in java
    > script or an array can I pass it back to a perl script for processing.
    >
    > One example my be where a customer has the ability to select multiple items
    > from a single page. By using checkboxes the end user selects multiple item
    > and enters quantities for those item. By passing some sort of data structure
    > (array or object) back the script for processing.

    There is no simple solution for this problem, I'm afraid. You would have
    to serialize your JavaScript data structure and deserialize it with Perl.

    I guess its time for an implementation of YAML in JavaScript :)
    Drop the guys at yaml.org a note.

    malte

    Malte Ubl, Oct 10, 2003

  3. Jim Rendant

    Malte Ubl Guest

    Malte Ubl, Oct 10, 2003
  4. Jim Rendant

    J. Gleixner Guest

    Jim Rendant wrote:
    > I am new at web page design and was wondering if I created an object in java
    > script or an array can I pass it back to a perl script for processing.
    >
    > One example my be where a customer has the ability to select multiple items
    > from a single page. By using checkboxes the end user selects multiple item
    > and enters quantities for those item. By passing some sort of data structure
    > (array or object) back the script for processing.
    >
    > I know I can build an object in JavaScript populating it with pertinent
    > information.
    >
    > Let me know what you think?

    You can do what you want without any JavaScript.

    If you're going to use perl to process the info, look at

    perldoc CGI

    Otherwise this is an HTML question and you'd be able to find more
    information in an HTML related newsgroup or learning about processing
    forms and CGI.

    J. Gleixner, Oct 10, 2003