Passing parameter in an event handler under Mozilla

Paul Cotney

I have been changing one of our IE specific applications to run under
Mozilla and have had little trouble up til now. I have figured out how
to handle events except when I need to pass a parameter to the event
handler that is not the event itself. My failed attempts are listed
below:

function changeto(e,highlightcolor){
var source = e.srcElement;
<snip>
}

called with:
onmouseout="changeback(this.event,'white')"
e has no properties

called with
onmouseout="changeback(event,'white')"
source has no properties