Passing parameters from a tiles-tag attribute to JSP java scriptlets.

Discussion in 'Java' started by Ken Loh, Dec 22, 2004.

  1. Ken Loh

    Ken Loh Guest

    I would like to pass the name of the root page of a tiles page to a
    component page. One way I could do this is to create an attribute at
    the root page bear that bears the name. An example would be :
    <tiles:useAttribute name="mainPage" value="MainPage"/>.

    At the component page, I would like to call a singleton with the name
    of the root page as an input parameter:

    <tiles:importAttribute/>
    <%
    Exec ex = ExecFactory.getExec(mainPage);
    %>

    My problem is, I don't know how to put the value of mainPage from the
    Tiles tag "domain", to JSP java code "domain".

    Your help in whatever way would be more than appreciated.

    Ken Loh, Dec 22, 2004