Passing Parameters to Windows Form Control FROM IE

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by Neelima Godugu, Dec 21, 2003.

  1. Hi All,

    I have developed a windows forms user control, which I am going to host in
    Internet Explorer..
    I am familiar with the security settings requirement inorder to do the
    above.
    I have successfully gotten it working. The only problem I have is with
    passing parameters to the Windows Forms User control from IE
    I am using the Object tag to instantiate the IE object
    I am using param tags inside object tag to pass paramaters but the values
    are not set in the windows controls. I have properties defined inside the
    Windows Controls with the same name as the param names.
    I am not able to figure out why the param values passed are not set to the
    property variables.
    Any feedback will be appreciated.
    CONTROL SOURCE CODE
    ========================
    ========================
    using System;
    using System.Collections;

    using System.ComponentModel;

    using System.Drawing;

    using System.Data;

    using System.Windows.Forms;

    using Word = Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word;

    using System.IO;
    namespace Dovarri

    {
    public class WriteALetter : System.Windows.Forms.UserControl

    {
    private string m_Output;
    private string m_DocType = "";

    public WriteALetter()
    // PARAMs
    public string Output
    {
    get { return m_Output;}
    set
    {
    m_Output = value;

    // PARAMs
    public string DocType
    {
    get { return m_DocType;}
    set
    {
    m_DocType= value;

    ==========================

    WEB FORM SOURCE CODE

    <%@ Page language="c#" Codebehind="MailMergeSelector.aspx.cs"
    AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="TestWriteALetter.MailMergeSelector" %>
    <HTML>
    <HEAD>
    <title>MailMergeSelector</title>
    name="vs_targetSchema">
    <LINK href="/TestWriteALetter/Include/AppCSS.css" type="text/css"
    rel="stylesheet">
    </HEAD>
    <asp:table id="Table1" runat="server" CssClass="AppMainBorderNoTab"
    Height="220" HorizontalAlign="Center">
    <asp:TableRow>
    <asp:TableCell height="60%" CssClass="AppTextBlk">
    <asp:Literal runat="server" ID="Literal1"></asp:Literal>
    <OBJECT id=WriteALetter height=220 width = 320
    classid=http:WriteALetterControl.dll#Dovarri.WriteALetter VIEWASTEXT>
    <param name='Output' VALUE ='TEST'>
    <param name='DocType' VALUE ='DIR'>
    </OBJECT>