Passing QueryString URL as a paremeter in QueryString

Adeel Ahmad

Hi,
The subject sounds confusing but here is what i want to do. I have a
button on my page which says
OnClick="javascript:window.open('reports\\Container.asp?pageURL=Report1.asp?intCurrentPage=1&blnRetrieveFlag=1&Show=1',TasksRPT');"

Now on the Conatiner.asp what i do is
if Request.QueryString("Show") = 1 then
pageURL = Request.QueryString("pageURL")
end if

And then i set the pageURL along with intCurrentPage and
blnRetrieveFlag parameters to my fram src as
<frame height=500 scrolling=auto name="pageFrame" id="pageFrame"
border=0 src="<%=pageURL%>">

Means in my initial QueryString one parameter Show was for
Container.asp and other parameters were to be passed to the next page
which is being displayed in Frame.
What happens is All the parameters are received on Container.asp and
then i have to rebuild the URL and query string again on Container.asp
to pass it to the Report.asp. Which is not the requirement. I need to
pass a string along with the parameters for Report.asp from intial
page.

I hope i am able to convey what i want.
Any idea/help?

Thanks,
adeel

Anthony Jones

Adeel Ahmad said:
[...]

In the orginating page that create OnClick use Server.URLEncode on the
string being assigned to pageURL.

Anthony.