Passing QueryString URL as a paremeter in QueryString

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Adeel Ahmad, Mar 7, 2006.

  1. Adeel Ahmad

    Adeel Ahmad Guest

    Hi,
    The subject sounds confusing but here is what i want to do. I have a
    button on my page which says
    OnClick="javascript:window.open('reports\\Container.asp?pageURL=Report1.asp?intCurrentPage=1&blnRetrieveFlag=1&Show=1',TasksRPT');"

    Now on the Conatiner.asp what i do is
    if Request.QueryString("Show") = 1 then
    pageURL = Request.QueryString("pageURL")
    end if

    And then i set the pageURL along with intCurrentPage and
    blnRetrieveFlag parameters to my fram src as
    <frame height=500 scrolling=auto name="pageFrame" id="pageFrame"
    border=0 src="<%=pageURL%>">

    Means in my initial QueryString one parameter Show was for
    Container.asp and other parameters were to be passed to the next page
    which is being displayed in Frame.
    What happens is All the parameters are received on Container.asp and
    then i have to rebuild the URL and query string again on Container.asp
    to pass it to the Report.asp. Which is not the requirement. I need to
    pass a string along with the parameters for Report.asp from intial
    page.

    I hope i am able to convey what i want.
    Any idea/help?

    Thanks,
    adeel

    Adeel Ahmad, Mar 7, 2006

  2. "Adeel Ahmad" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > The subject sounds confusing but here is what i want to do. I have a
    > button on my page which says

    OnClick="javascript:window.open('reports\\Container.asp?pageURL=Report1.asp?
    intCurrentPage=1&blnRetrieveFlag=1&Show=1',TasksRPT');"

    > Now on the Conatiner.asp what i do is
    > if Request.QueryString("Show") = 1 then
    > pageURL = Request.QueryString("pageURL")
    > end if
    >
    > And then i set the pageURL along with intCurrentPage and
    > blnRetrieveFlag parameters to my fram src as
    > <frame height=500 scrolling=auto name="pageFrame" id="pageFrame"
    > border=0 src="<%=pageURL%>">
    >
    > Means in my initial QueryString one parameter Show was for
    > Container.asp and other parameters were to be passed to the next page
    > which is being displayed in Frame.
    > What happens is All the parameters are received on Container.asp and
    > then i have to rebuild the URL and query string again on Container.asp
    > to pass it to the Report.asp. Which is not the requirement. I need to
    > pass a string along with the parameters for Report.asp from intial
    > page.
    >
    > I hope i am able to convey what i want.
    > Any idea/help?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > adeel

    In the orginating page that create OnClick use Server.URLEncode on the
    string being assigned to pageURL.

    Anthony.

    Anthony Jones, Mar 7, 2006