Passing record to a webmethod

Teemu Keiski

Hi,

depends what you are passing. Web service method could certainly take a
custom class as argument, populated with data from the "record" or array of
records.

Marina

Yes, they can.

Have you tried? It is a quick test, and then you don't have to ask on the
newsgroup and wait for responses.

John

OK, a real question. :)

When a webmethod gets a dataset as parameter as below, how can the webmethod
insert the dataset into a local table?

<WebMethod()> Public Sub ClearEvent(ByVal Events As Data.DataSet)

Thanks

Regards

Marina

This question has been asked many times, I recommend you do some research on
Google groups. The fact that this is happening through a web service is
irrelevant, it is really about how to insert a given set of rows into a
database table.