passing RUBYLIB to fcgi processes

matthew c. mead

I have a package I'd like to include in the Ruby require search
path. I'd prefer not to link it in to the site-ruby directory,
so what I did was build mod_env.c into apache and in the
appropriate directory where the fastcgi_script handler is set for
rhtml files I defined:

SetEnv RUBYLIB /usr/local/lib/meadruby

Unfortunately, all my requires that are resolvable relative to
that directory fail. However, if I manually run the rhtml files
(RUBYLIB="/usr/local/lib/meadruby" test.rhtml) everything works
fine.

Anyone have any ideas why this wouldn't work?

Thanks!

-matt