Passing selected row from gridview to dropdown

Reaction score
Kindly help me passing selected row in gridview to my dropdown. I have 1 gridview, 1 textbox and 1 dropdown list box. My dropdown is populated by SqlDataSource from my table Country. On my gridview, I have 3 columns, which are SELECT, NAME and COUNTRY. Under SELECT column, I have my hyperlinked Select, every time I clicked on a certain row NAME will pass in textbox (no problem with that), but in my dropdown it does not populates the COUNTRY that I choose. For example, I have Jack for name and USA for country. Beside Jack and USA, I have a hyperlink Select, when I click Select, Jack will display on my textbox and supposed to be USA will display on my dropdown but not displaying instead it says an error "'cboCountry' has a SelectedValue which is invalid because it does not exist in the list of items. Parameter name: value".

I have tried the codes below:

Code:
protected void GridView2_SelectedIndexChanged(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
txtname.Text = GridView2.SelectedRow.Cells[1].Text;
cboCountry.Text = GridView2.SelectedRow.Cells[2].Text;
}

Only the textbox os working, no luck at all in dropdown...I'm using c# and asp.net. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. God Bless

Ask a Question