passing server (not form) variables to same page

Marcel Balcarek

Can I keep the value of (some of) my server variables across posts?

I can define hidden form fields, but is there a better way?

I have passed some form variables from one page to another and now wish to
remember them across posts.

Thank you
Marcel

Nicole Calinoiu

Marcel,

You have four basic options:

1. Hidden form fields (don't depend on anything outside your own code).
2. Cookies (client must have cookies enabled, and you might need to account
for the fact that a given user might be using more than one instance of your
page at any given time).
3. View state (view state must be enabled).
4. Session state (session state must be enabled, and you might need to
account for the fact that a given user might be using more than one instance
of your page at any given time).

HTH,
Nicole