Passing Through Constructor - Simple Error

GRoll35

I have 3 files here - Header/Implementation/Driver

All it has to do is send the user's input (age)..to the class and the
class will figure out the price of the ticket. I'm suppose to create
the object and then have it display the cost of the ticket. I'm new to
using classes like this so I'm a little confused. Here is the errors I
get.

If anyone could point out where to start or something that I should
keep in mind that would be very appreciated! Thanks!

Errors: (all in the Driver)

Driver.cpp(18): error C3861: 'myImp': identifier not found, even with
argument-dependent lookup
Driver.cpp(16): error C3861: 'myImp': identifier not found, even with
argument-dependent lookup
Driver.cpp(18): error C2228: left of '.getAge' must have
class/struct/union type type is ''unknown-type''
Driver.cpp(16): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before
identifier 'myImp'
Driver.cpp(16): error C2065: 'Imp' : undeclared identifier

Header:

#ifndef HEADER_H
#define HEADER_H

class Header
{
private:
int age;
int ticket;

public:
Header();
Header(int);
int getAge();
};

#endif

Implantation:

#include "header.h"

Header::Header(int age1)
{
int age = age1;

}

int Header::getAge()
{
if(age < 5)
{
ticket = 0;
}
else if (age < 18)
{
ticket = 5;
}
else if (age < 56)
{
ticket = 10;
}
else if (age > 55)
{
ticket = 8;
}

return ticket;
}

Driver

#include <iostream>
#include "Imp.cpp"

using namespace std;

int main()
{
int userAge = 0;

cout << "Please Enter your age: ";
cin >> userAge;

Imp myImp(userAge);
cout << "\n";
cout << "Cost of Movie Ticket: " << myImp.getAge() << endl;
cout << "\n\n";
return 0;

}:

Victor Bazarov

GRoll35 said:
[...]

So, your class is called "Header".

{
[...]
};

#endif

Implantation:

#include "header.h"

Header::Header(int age1)

And you implement a class called "Header".
{
[...]
}

Driver

#include <iostream>
#include "Imp.cpp"

using namespace std;

int main()
{
int userAge = 0;

cout << "Please Enter your age: ";
cin >> userAge;

Imp myImp(userAge);

So, what the hell is "Imp"? You declare 'myImp' to be of type
'Imp'. There is no such type in your program.
cout << "\n";
cout << "Cost of Movie Ticket: " << myImp.getAge() << endl;
cout << "\n\n";
return 0;

}:

GRoll35

yes you are right it made no sense. so i changed the class to move.
then in the driver i created the object theMovies by doing this.

move theMovies(userAge);

so here is my header file. the bottom is the errors i get now.

#ifndef HEADER_H
#define HEADER_H

class move
{
private:
int age;
int ticket;

public:
move();
move(int);
int getAge();
};

#endif

Movie1 fatal error LNK1169: one or more multiply defined symbols found
Movie1 error LNK2005: "public: int __thiscall move::getAge(void)"
(?getAge@move@@QAEHXZ) already defined in Driver.obj
Movie1 error LNK2005: "public: __thiscall move::move(int)"
(??0move@@QAE@H@Z) already defined in Driver.obj

any idea what thats saying. again, I appologize for my lack of
knowledge and appreciate your help.

Victor Bazarov

GRoll35 said:
[...]

You probably compiled your '.cc' files separately, and then linked them
together to form your final program. But remember, you included the
implementation file into the driver? You used #include, remember? Why?
If you include the text of one source file into the other source file,
do not compile the one you included, separately. Otherwise, do not
include the other one, just compile them separately, then link.

Get a good book that explains multi-file projects.

James

hello dear
First clear your concepts of C++ taking gud book
the following is not a correct way to initialising a member variable
of class in a constructor
Header::Header(int age1)
{
int age = age1;
}
should be corrected to
this->age=age1;
or simply
age = age1;
and in driver.cpp your class is header not IMP , also corrects its
name

Peter_Julian

| hello dear
| First clear your concepts of C++ taking gud book
| the following is not a correct way to initialising a member variable
| of class in a constructor
| Header::Header(int age1)
| {
| int age = age1;
| }
| should be corrected to
| this->age=age1;
| or simply
| age = age1;
| and in driver.cpp your class is header not IMP , also corrects its
| name

Actually, the ctor should be using an init list instead:

Header::Header(int n) : age(n) { }

Howard

GRoll35 said:
Errors: (all in the Driver)

Driver.cpp(18): error C3861: 'myImp': identifier not found, even with
argument-dependent lookup
Driver.cpp(16): error C3861: 'myImp': identifier not found, even with
argument-dependent lookup
Driver.cpp(18): error C2228: left of '.getAge' must have
class/struct/union type type is ''unknown-type''
Driver.cpp(16): error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before
identifier 'myImp'
Driver.cpp(16): error C2065: 'Imp' : undeclared identifier
Driver

#include <iostream>
#include "Imp.cpp"

Why are you including a .cpp file? Usually, you #include the associated .h
file, and simply include the .cpp file as part of your "project" (or compile
it separately and link it into the executable, if you're doing command-line
building). Try:

#include "Imp.h"
using namespace std;

int main()
{
int userAge = 0;

cout << "Please Enter your age: ";
cin >> userAge;

Imp myImp(userAge);

At this point, I assume Imp is not defined. Is there an "Imp.h" file? If
so, once you incude it above instead of Imp.cpp, this problem should go
away.