Passing TreeView State information through a page transfer

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Richard, Jan 22, 2004.

  1. Richard

    Richard Guest

    Dear All,

    I have a page with an ascx component on which has a treeview control within
    it. Another ascx component on the page is going to Response.Redirect to the
    same page but now with a ?ID=002 addition to the request which will trigger
    more actions. Problem is when I redirect (or use Server.Transfer) the view
    state (i.e. which nodes are expanded) is lost.

    Can anyone tell me the best way to keep the layout of the tree?

    I realise that in the new ASP.NET world maybe I should not be Redirecting
    but doing something else?

    Thank you in advance...

    Regards

    Richard
    Machine Code > Cobol > Fortran > C > Pascal > C++ > C# > ?
    Richard, Jan 22, 2004