Passing User and password between two webservices ?

glenn h

We have a solution where we access one webservice trough asp.net form.
than the first webservice access the second webservice.
In the first webservice I can get the user-identity but from the second
webservice
i don´t. The authenticated access on the webservice is configured:
"Intergrated Windows authentication"
I´ve tried with CachCredential without success.

How can I solve this. I don´t want to send the user as parameter to the
webservice.

Regards

/glenn

Ram Sunkara [msft]

Glenn-

If I understand your scenario correctly a winForm application (say machine
A) calls first Web Service (say running on machine B) which intern calls
another Web Service (say running on Machine C). Both the web services are
configured to use "Intergrated Windows authentication".

Impersonating winForms application user in second web service is not
possible unless the machine, on which your first Web Service (machine B) is
running, is marked for delegation.

1. The simplest thing would let the client call both these
web services separately.

2. Pass user name along with other application data to the
second web service (optionally encrypting with a symmetric key, well storing
the key comes into play now)