Passing value from one form to another

M

Mike

Hi,

I need to pass a value from one Web Form to another. In Form #1 I have set up a web control (hyperlink) that in its "Transfer" property contains the name of the Web Form to be loaded. How can I read the listIndex of a Listbox in Form #1 when the Form#2 is loaded?

Thanks

Mike

R

Rick Spiewak

You can make a public property on Form #1 which reads it and returns it. Or, why not just pass it as a request item to Form#2?
Hi,

I need to pass a value from one Web Form to another. In Form #1 I have set up a web control (hyperlink) that in its "Transfer" property contains the name of the Web Form to be loaded. How can I read the listIndex of a Listbox in Form #1 when the Form#2 is loaded?

Thanks

Mike

E

Eliyahu Goldin

When another form loads, the first one's gone. No public property, nothing. Whatever you want to pass, you should put either into the request or session variables.

Eliyahu
You can make a public property on Form #1 which reads it and returns it. Or, why not just pass it as a request item to Form#2?
Hi,

Thanks

Mike

R

Roger Helliwell

Hi,

Why not use Session variables?

Form1:
Session.Add("MyValue", "123");
// load form 2

Form2:
void Page_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
{
string myval = Session["MyValue"].ToString();
}

Roger

Ask a Question