Passing value without calling Javascript funciton

franklinbruce

Hi all,
I have a ASP script which will get 2 query string value. i put val1
Value in a session and pass val2 value to javascript for parent page
reload with the specified value.
Problem i face is i dont invoke any function to pass the val2 as
paremeter.
this is the code i wrote which works fine when i give id=29. Instead
of 29 i want the id=val2.

<%ca = Request.querystring("val1")
ca1= Request.querystring("val2")
Session("book_buy") = session("book_buy") + ca + ","
response.write(session("book_buy"))%>

<script language='javascript'>
window.opener.top.document.location.href="view_sub_category.asp?id=29";
this.close();

Thanks in advance
Regards,
Franklin

Randy Webb

franklinbruce said:
Hi all,
I have a ASP script which will get 2 query string value. i put val1
Value in a session and pass val2 value to javascript for parent page
reload with the specified value.
Problem i face is i dont invoke any function to pass the val2 as
paremeter.
this is the code i wrote which works fine when i give id=29. Instead
of 29 i want the id=val2.

<%ca = Request.querystring("val1")
ca1= Request.querystring("val2")
Session("book_buy") = session("book_buy") + ca + ","
response.write(session("book_buy"))%>

<script language='javascript'>
window.opener.top.document.location.href="view_sub_category.asp?id=29";

window.opener.top.document.location.href="view_sub_category.asp?id="+val2;

Or:

window.opener.top.document.location.href="view_sub_category.asp?id="+<%response.write(ca1)%>;