    am uploading to the server from a different page???

    Please help.....

    , Mar 6, 2006

  2. wrote:

    > Hi,
    > On my main page, i m having a link for a page which lets user to upload
    > files to a server.
    > On the main page itself, i am also taking some other information from
    > the user. Then i am mailing that data to some other user. The problem
    > is, i want to email the name of the file that is uploaded by a user
    > along with the other details. I am able to send all the details which
    > are entered on the main page, but how do i send the file name which i
    > am uploading to the server from a different page???
    >
    > Please help.....

    Store the file name in the Session object, which is accessable by all
    asp pages which the user calls up in a session.

    Regards

    Julian Turner

    Julian Turner, Mar 6, 2006

  3. wrote:

    > I dont have a session kind of thing on my pages. Plus for how long
    > should i set the time out period fo the session?? There is no process
    > of a user signing in the site. How can i maintain a session for that??
    > Please reply....

    Do you understand what you are saying? Allowing any user to upload files
    to your server that are saved as such there is certainly a Bad Thing.

    PointedEars

    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Mar 11, 2006
  4. wrote:

    [snip]
    > I dont have a session kind of thing on my pages. Plus for how long
    > should i set the time out period fo the session?? There is no process
    > of a user signing in the site. How can i maintain a session for that??
    > Please reply....

    [/snip]

    The title to your post says "ASP Pages". The "Session" object is one
    of the core ASP objects. The timeout for a Session is something you
    can set for as long as you wish, depending on how long you expect the
    user to be interacting with your web site.

    I suggest you try putting your question to an ASP newsgroup, and doing
    some further research on ASP through google.

    E.g. microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general

    ASP is a microsoft invention I believe, so a good starting place is
    <URL:http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/>

    Regards

    Julian Turner

    Julian Turner, Mar 13, 2006