Passing values between ASP Pages????

riteshjain82

Hi,
On my main page, i m having a link for a page which lets user to upload
files to a server.
On the main page itself, i am also taking some other information from
the user. Then i am mailing that data to some other user. The problem
is, i want to email the name of the file that is uploaded by a user
along with the other details. I am able to send all the details which
are entered on the main page, but how do i send the file name which i
am uploading to the server from a different page???

Please help.....

Julian Turner

Hi,
On my main page, i m having a link for a page which lets user to upload
files to a server.
On the main page itself, i am also taking some other information from
the user. Then i am mailing that data to some other user. The problem
is, i want to email the name of the file that is uploaded by a user
along with the other details. I am able to send all the details which
are entered on the main page, but how do i send the file name which i
am uploading to the server from a different page???

Please help.....

Store the file name in the Session object, which is accessable by all
asp pages which the user calls up in a session.

Regards

Julian Turner

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

I dont have a session kind of thing on my pages. Plus for how long
should i set the time out period fo the session?? There is no process
of a user signing in the site. How can i maintain a session for that??
Please reply....

Do you understand what you are saying? Allowing any user to upload files
to your server that are saved as such there is certainly a Bad Thing.

PointedEars

Julian Turner

(e-mail address removed) wrote:

[snip]
I dont have a session kind of thing on my pages. Plus for how long
should i set the time out period fo the session?? There is no process
of a user signing in the site. How can i maintain a session for that??
Please reply....
[/snip]

The title to your post says "ASP Pages". The "Session" object is one
of the core ASP objects. The timeout for a Session is something you
can set for as long as you wish, depending on how long you expect the
user to be interacting with your web site.

I suggest you try putting your question to an ASP newsgroup, and doing
some further research on ASP through google.

E.g. microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general

ASP is a microsoft invention I believe, so a good starting place is
<URL:http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/>

Regards

Julian Turner