passing values between controls

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by evandela@bigpond.net.au, Mar 20, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hi all, learning the asp.net is a slow process... but I am plodderign
    along. I have hit a bit of a snag - I have 4 pages of code here...
    control1.ascx
    control2.ascx
    default.asx... default.asx.vb

    relevant details (i think) on default.asx:
    <uc1:productList ID="ProductList1" runat="server"
    OnPreRender="getSelectedProduct" />
    <uc2:productDetails ID="ProductDetails1" runat="server" />

    on default.asx.vb:
    Protected Sub getSelectedProduct(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
    System.EventArgs)
    Response.Write("TEST: " & ProductList1.selectedProduct())
    End Sub

    To this point the system actually works. When i select a product in the
    1st User Control, it is displayed on the main page, however, I need to
    take this one step further... base what happens in UC2 on what has
    happened in UC1.

    what would I type in UC2, to reference to get the value of the
    selection in UC1 ?

    , Mar 20, 2006