Passing values From One asp.net Page to another

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by TARUN, Sep 19, 2007.

  1. TARUN

    TARUN Guest

    Hello All,

    Please helping to understand this .. as i ma novice for .Net
    technology..

    What are the different possible way to send the value from one to
    another in asp.NET using C#.NET ??

    I Know only two way ...

    1. Through query string.
    2. Through session varible.

    Apart from above to ways is there any other way to send the value from
    one page to another.
    Please suggest me if possible share the code....

    Thank's and regards
    Tarun Sinha

    TARUN, Sep 19, 2007

  2. "TARUN" <> wrote in message

    > What are the different possible way to send the value from one to
    > another in asp.NET using C#.NET ??
    >
    > I Know only two way ...
    >
    > 1. Through query string.
    > 2. Through session varible.

    Yep, either of those will work just fine - what problems are you having...?

    > Apart from above to ways is there any other way to send the value from
    > one page to another.

    In ASP.NET 2 you can do cross-page posting:
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms178139(vs.80).aspx

    --
    Mark Rae
    ASP.NET MVP

    Mark Rae [MVP], Sep 19, 2007

  3. Sometimes you can make use of Page.PreviousPage property.

    --
    Eliyahu Goldin,
    Software Developer

    Eliyahu Goldin, Sep 19, 2007
  4. TARUN

    TARUN Guest

    On Sep 19, 6:21 pm, "Mark Rae [MVP]" <> wrote:
    > "TARUN" <> wrote in message

    > > What are the different possible way to send the value from one to
    > > another in asp.NET using C#.NET ??

    > > I Know only two way ...

    > > 1. Through query string.
    > > 2. Through session varible.

    > Yep, either of those will work just fine - what problems are you having...?
    >
    > > Apart from above to ways is there any other way to send the value from
    > > one page to another.

    > In ASP.NET 2 you can do cross-page posting:http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms178139(vs.80).aspx
    >
    > --
    > Mark Rae
    > ASP.NET MVPhttp://www.markrae.net

    But still i am looking for sending the values from one to another
    I have been instructed not to use both the way i.e session and quert
    string ..
    Please suggest the third way for doing this

    TARUN, Sep 19, 2007
  5. "TARUN" <> wrote in message

    > I have been instructed not to use both the way i.e session and quert
    > string ..

    > Please suggest the third way for doing this

    I have already done this - did you not click the hyperlink I suggested...?

    --
    Mark Rae
    ASP.NET MVP

    Mark Rae [MVP], Sep 19, 2007