Passing variables from one site to another

Matthew Wilde

Hi ppl

Just wondering if anyone know how to pass two set variables (via a link) to
another site

Example

Subscriber's Site ..... use our account click here to open

they click the link and it takes them to another site

On arriving at this site, it pastes into the username field the subscriber's
username and ditto for the password

Hopes this is clear on what I'm trying to do

Cheers

Matt

Matthew said:
Hi ppl

Just wondering if anyone know how to pass two set variables (via a link) to
another site

Example

Subscriber's Site ..... use our account click here to open

they click the link and it takes them to another site

On arriving at this site, it pastes into the username field the subscriber's
username and ditto for the password

Hopes this is clear on what I'm trying to do

Cheers

Matt
Google up Soap,
(enjoyed writing that)
and CGI.

rf

Matthew Wilde said:
Hi ppl

Just wondering if anyone know how to pass two set variables (via a link) to
another site

Example

Subscriber's Site ..... use our account click here to open

they click the link and it takes them to another site

Yep. Pass the required variables as part of the URL.
On arriving at this site, it pastes into the username field the subscriber's
username and ditto for the password

Ah, two problems here.

1) You need access to the other site so you can modify their server side
processes accordingly.

2) That other site may just have problems with you exposing usernames and
passwords as plain text in the above URL.

Assuming the other site is willing they just *may* allow you to replicate
their signon form on your site. It shouldn't matter to their server where
the form comes from (well it might, they may restrict this). They may insist
that you use SSL and/or method="post". I wouldn't do any of this without
first obtaining their permission though.

Cheers
Richard.