Passing Variables Without Request.Querystring...

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by paleHail, Sep 26, 2006.

  1. paleHail

    paleHail Guest

    Hi all,
    I have my index.html where I have two frames:

    <frameset rows="144,*" border="0" frameborder="no">
    <frame src="header.html" frameborder="no" noresize scrolling="no">
    <frame src="rightFrame.html" name="frontpage" frameborder="no"
    noresize>
    </frameset>

    I wanted the top of the site to stay in tact while the bottom
    constantly changes. With using this structure, I can't figure out how
    to pass variables from one page to another in the "frontpage" frame.

    What I want is a jive, old list of links on a page within the
    "frontpage" frame that all point to the same page, but passes a
    specific category id to the next page so that it knows what data to
    display. Where I am confused is how to do this when the URL never
    changes. Is there a way to set a session variable onClick? If so, how
    would I go about doing this?

    Thanks,
    paleHail, Sep 26, 2006