Passport authentication -- how can I debug it?

Guest

Is it possible to debug a web site with password authentication in PreProduction mode

Here is what I have done

- Installed Passport SD
- Set Password authentication in web.confi
- Created PassportIdentity object in the asp.net web pag

Here is what is happening

- LogoTag returns me a url to ms web site for sign in
- Image for the Sign In button is not show
- When I click on hyperlink I get redirected to a return URL which I specified the Passport Manage
- I don't get a ticke

I guess it is how it is supposed to work, question though, is how can I debug this page with a real passport web site

I would like to run my code in the debugger and to be redirected to a real passport login page, see real ticket, user profile, etc

Is it possible to do on my local IIS or I need a public ip

I know there is a process of compliance review, but we are not there yet, just trying to make sense of all it.

Thank you

-Sta

(I hope this is the right ng to post

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Stan,

From your description, you're wondering whether its possible to provide a
local Passport auhtentiation server which can accept the login request and
do the authentication processes, yes?

Based on my research, the passport authentication is also cookie based and
all the authenticatoin works are processed by the certain internet Passport
Login servers. It authenticate the requests and then set the certain
clientside cookie. And our works in ASP.NET web application is just
configure the certain passport authentication and then use the Passport
Authenitcation provider which can help check the passport authentciatoin
cookie(token) and set the proper Identity and Principle in the requesnt.

So it seems that all the work is done by the remote passport server rather
than ourself. Do you think so?
IN addition ,here is the certain reference on ASP.NET Passport
Authentication Porvider in MSDN:

#Passport Authentication Provider
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpconThePassportAuthent
icationProvider.asp?frame=true

Hope also helps.Thanks.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

Get Preview at ASP.NET whidbey

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Stan,

Have you had a chance to check out the suggestions in my last reply or have
you got any further ideas on this issue? If you have anything unclear or if
there're anything else we can help, please feel free to post here. Thanks.