Password Answer

shapper

Hello,

How can I get the Password Answer string on Asp.NET 2.0 Membership?
I want to display it but I can't find the function to get it.

Thanks,
Miguel

Masudur

Hello,

How can I get the Password Answer string on Asp.NET 2.0 Membership?
I want to display it but I can't find the function to get it.

Thanks,
Miguel

hi...
so far i tried few times but didn't succeed

if (Page.User.Identity.IsAuthenticated)
{
System.Web.Security.MembershipUser user =
System.Web.Security.Membership.GetUser(Page.User.Identity.Name);
string question = user.PasswordQuestion;
}

using this i was able to get user info but not yet the answer in clear
text format...

then i look in to the ASPNETDB.MDF database in table aspnet_membership
table PasswordAnswer column keep the data ... but its encripted...
perhaps you can took a attempt to write your own fucntion to get the
answer...

Thanks
Masudur
http://munnacs.110mb.com

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

By default, you are dealing with one way hashes in Membership. Even if you
use AES instead, via config, you will have to deal with the constraints of
the system or write your own custom Membership Provider.

There are certain elements you can hit with configuration alone.

At present, I know of no way to pull the info you want from the standard
provider, due to security constraints. It can be reverse engineered, but the
object model is fairly deep.