Password changing in aspdbnet db

Reid

I am working on the login portion of an internet web app in asp.net 2.0 amd
am using the login control, loginview control, etc. Everything was looking
ok until all of a sudden the test user passwords I set up were changed. I
was testing invalid logins and having the id and pw emailed to the email
account defined when setting up the user.

The password that is emailed at the user's request is generated by the
system - somewhere - but doesn't work, the user can't login with it. On the
next attempt to email it, a different pasword is mailed.

The app is using SQL 2005. Visual Studio is running on a client with local
iis, and sql server is on a separate server.

Any suggestions as to where this problem is occurring would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Reid

Reid

I've dug into this some more and discovered that entering the correct userid
+ password in the login control will result in a login error without the app
ever connecting to the database (SQL Profiler shows no activity when this
occurs). However the ChangePasword login control works fine (and profiler
shows the database connections being made). So, apparently, the login
control can fail without ever making a connection to the database. Any
ideas how that could happen?