    to fill this column with astericks or dots. Can you please help me out?
    Thank you kindly,

    -Dave
    Dave, Dec 2, 2004

  2. Could you explain further what you're doing? Is it that you have a field
    with text that you want to replace with asterisks?

    Or is it an input field that accepts a password. If so, did you set
    TextMode="Password" ?
    <asp:textbox id="TextBox1" runat="server"
    TextMode="Password"></asp:textbox></p>

    It always helps to show the code you've got so far.

    Ken

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Dec 2, 2004

  3. Following up on Ken's comment, if you are wanting an editable column
    with a Password TextBox, you'll need to use a TemplateColumn and then
    customize the editing interface for that column via the
    <EditItemTemplate>. There's a more thorough discussion of this here:

    Happy Programming!

    --

    Scott Mitchell

    http://www.4GuysFromRolla.com

    Scott Mitchell [MVP], Dec 3, 2004
  4. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Thanks Ken and Scott. I got what I needed.

    -Dave

    Dave, Dec 5, 2004