Password Column - fill with dots

Dave

Greetings,

I have a datagrid with UserName information, one column is password. I want
to fill this column with astericks or dots. Can you please help me out?
Thank you kindly,

-Dave

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Could you explain further what you're doing? Is it that you have a field
with text that you want to replace with asterisks?

Or is it an input field that accepts a password. If so, did you set
TextMode="Password" ?
<asp:textbox id="TextBox1" runat="server"
TextMode="Password"></asp:textbox></p>

It always helps to show the code you've got so far.

Ken

Scott Mitchell [MVP]

Following up on Ken's comment, if you are wanting an editable column
with a Password TextBox, you'll need to use a TemplateColumn and then
customize the editing interface for that column via the
<EditItemTemplate>. There's a more thorough discussion of this here:

Happy Programming!

--

Scott Mitchell
(e-mail address removed)