password not reappearing, what's the best practice?

ThunderMusic

Hi,
I have an asp.net page where people can register. In this page, the user
must enter a password. Actually I user this form so the user can modify it's
data either... What is the best practice for making the password reappear? I
mean, the password is hashed, so I can't make it appear correctly, so I
suppose the text boxes contain dummy text? What should I do with this?

thanks

ThunderMusic

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

You will have to capture the password prior to entering or move to some
other form of encryption with your provider. You can change in the
membership provider to encrypted instead of hashed. You will then have to
use the machine keys to pull the password back out. The only other option is
capturing the value of password prior to moving on, but this will only work
for this session, unless you store elsewhere, which defeats the purpose of
having ASP.NET security.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA