    would have to be on a server somewhere beyond view?
    How do I go about password protecting my website?
    Thanks

    Ellie, Feb 2, 2004

  2. In article <bvmdvh$ddo$>, gingerbread090402
    @antispam.address says...

    http://httpd.apache.org/docs/howto/htaccess.html

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/

    Hywel Jenkins, Feb 2, 2004

  3. Ellie

    Steve R. Guest

    Hywel Jenkins wrote in message ...
    > http://httpd.apache.org/docs/howto/htaccess.html

    If that's too complex for you all you need to do is to simply put the
    'family only' files into a separate folder on your website and only tell
    your family members the full URL.

    For example if your base website is http://www.gingerbread-family.com the
    family URL could be http://www.gingerbread-family.com/secret or whatever

    Not absolutely secure, but unless the information is top-secret it's an
    easy way to achieve what you want.

    Steve R., Feb 2, 2004
  4. "Steve R." <stevie_ritchie(NOSPAM)@hotmail.com> wrote

    and if you got a php webspace it's very easy to write a secure login
    script, otherwise, just code a javascript which fills in a password in a
    url, like
    private/password.htm, but this option is as good as the one steve told you.

    Jochen Fuhrmann, Feb 2, 2004