password protect file

gmsiders

I was wondering if there was a couple of words or things i could add to thetop of my python script to password protect it so that it asks user for the password and then after three tries it locks them out or says "access denied" and closes/ends the script but if they get it wright it proceeds on tothe next line of the script total noob here any help appreciated

Peter Pearson

I was wondering if there was a couple of words or things i
could add to the top of my python script to password
protect it so that it asks user for the password and then
after three tries it locks them out or says "access
denied" and closes/ends the script but if they get it
wright it proceeds on to the next line of the script total
noob here any help appreciated

You can do this with just a couple lines of Python (and I'm
sure this group's experts can show you how better than I),
but more importantly, are you aware that doing this doesn't
actually make anything secure, unless you also take precautions
that are much more complicated than a few lines of Python?

If you frankly state that you're only after a kid-sister
level of security, readers might feel less conflicted about
helping.