    PS you can test the page using User name = name
    and Password = password

    Thanks
    RICHARD BROMBERG, Sep 27, 2005

  2. RICHARD BROMBERG

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 17:25:34 GMT, "RICHARD BROMBERG"
    <> wrote:

    >I am building a password protected ASP web site.
    >(http://www.allscrewedup.org)
    >
    >When you go to this site there is a link in upper left corner (VIP) that
    >takes you to a Logon Screen.
    >
    >The user must enter a user name and password to gain access to the secure
    >pages which follow.
    >This works fine and if the user can go back to the opening page by logging
    >off (back to default link) .
    >
    >If the user clicks the back button twice he will be back on the opening page
    >but he will still be logged on.
    >
    >I want to force the user to log off if he/she attempts to do this.

    How are you persisting the login state? And pretty much, I'm
    wondering why this is a problem? On the opening page, check to see if
    the user is already logged in, if so, present a message to that effect
    and a menu, if not, present the login dialog.

    Jeff
    Jeff Cochran, Sep 28, 2005

  3. Thanks Jeff

    I an using the code described in "How to use a database for user names and
    passwords in FrontPage 2000"
    located at
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=321503#XSLTH4154121122120121120120

    Assume the user logs on and then backs up to the opening page using the
    Back button and then walks away from the computer.
    At this point anyone who clicks on the VIP link on the opening page goes
    straight to the secure page by passing the Logon screen.

    I think one way of doing this is at the beginning of the opening page do a
    test to determing if the user has already logged on.
    If he has already logged on then I want to log him off.
    I think there is an session.abandon command that does this but I am not sure
    how to use it.

    Thanks again

    RICHARD BROMBERG, Sep 29, 2005