    Jon Agiato

    AOL IM: agiatojon
    http://www.agiato.net

    Jon Agiato, Aug 23, 2003

  2. "Jon Agiato" <> wrote in message
    news:I_P1b.31164$...
    > Hello all,
    > I am new to ASP.NET and web development in general so please excuse the
    > simplicity of the question. I want to be able to password protect certain
    > portions on a web site. I am thinking that one would store the passwords

    in
    > a database on the server, and simply check the users entry against the
    > existing passes but that is just a guess. I am asking for a link, or
    > directions on how to accomplish this basic task, and of course, any tips

    or
    > comments are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

    You may want to take a look at the following on MSDN: Forms Authentication
    Provider
    (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpguide/ht
    ml/cpconformsauthenticationacrossapplications.asp).

    --
    John Saunders
    Internet Engineer

    John Saunders, Aug 23, 2003

  3. Jon Agiato

    Jon Agiato Guest

    "John Saunders" <> wrote in message
    > "Jon Agiato" <> wrote in message
    > > Hello all,
    > > I am new to ASP.NET and web development in general so please excuse the
    > > simplicity of the question. I want to be able to password protect

    certain
    > > portions on a web site. I am thinking that one would store the

    passwords
    > in
    > > a database on the server, and simply check the users entry against the
    > > existing passes but that is just a guess. I am asking for a link, or
    > > directions on how to accomplish this basic task, and of course, any tips

    > or
    > > comments are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

    > You may want to take a look at the following on MSDN: Forms Authentication
    > Provider

    (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpguide/ht
    > ml/cpconformsauthenticationacrossapplications.asp).
    >
    > --
    > John Saunders
    > Internet Engineer

    Thanks for the pointer John. Have a good day.

    --
    Jon Agiato

    AOL IM: agiatojon
    http://www.agiato.net