    Thank you,

    Regards,

    Raj.

    Raj, Jun 25, 2007

  2. Raj

    Evertjan. Guest

    Raj wrote on 25 jun 2007 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > How can I password protect files so that no one can anonymously
    > download it?
    >
    > I have windows 2003 server with IIS 6.0
    >
    > Please explain the steps in detail.

    This being usenet and not a payed helpdesk,
    we expect you to do some work yourself.

    Hint:

    <http://classicasp.aspfaq.com/general/how-do-i-control-access-to-an-
    area.html>

    There are also many ways outside ASP, but they are OT on this NG.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Jun 25, 2007

  3. Raj

    Justin Piper Guest

    On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 08:59:50 -0500, Raj <> wrote:

    > How can I password protect files so that no one can anonymously download
    > it?

    There is an article on Microsoft's website that explains how to configure
    IIS so that authentication is required to access a file:

    How To Configure IIS Web Site Authentication in Windows Server 2003
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324274

    --
    Justin Piper
    Bizco Technologies