Password protection/membership system

wadewebsites

I am building a website that needs 3 password protected areas. For
each area I need a person to click on a box saying they have read a
non-disclosure agreement. Then they can set up a user id and password
along with their email and name. There is no charge for people to sign
up so I don't need any kind of shopping cart. Is there free and/or
easy software that would allow a web developer to set this up quickly
and easily? I assume the person's info will need to be stored in a
database. Then we would like to be able to send emails to the people,
etc.. Maybe some kind of Membership system. Any suggestions?

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed wadewebsites
I am building a website that needs 3 password protected areas. For
each area I need a person to click on a box saying they have read a
non-disclosure agreement. Then they can set up a user id and password
along with their email and name. There is no charge for people to sign
up so I don't need any kind of shopping cart. Is there free and/or
easy software that would allow a web developer to set this up quickly
and easily? I assume the person's info will need to be stored in a
database. Then we would like to be able to send emails to the people,
etc.. Maybe some kind of Membership system. Any suggestions?

I'm sure there are plenty in whatever language the server supports.
However, you will probably be better off rolling your own. That way you
have control of everything, including markup and presenation.

richard

I am building a website that needs 3 password protected areas. For
each area I need a person to click on a box saying they have read a
non-disclosure agreement. Then they can set up a user id and password
along with their email and name. There is no charge for people to sign
up so I don't need any kind of shopping cart. Is there free and/or
easy software that would allow a web developer to set this up quickly
and easily? I assume the person's info will need to be stored in a
database. Then we would like to be able to send emails to the people,
etc.. Maybe some kind of Membership system. Any suggestions?

That would be best done using either CGI or PHP and mysql.
You'll find plenty of scripts for that.