password protection

Anthony

Is there a way that I can use javascript to create a popup window that
asks a person to enter a username and password that is stored in a MS
Access database? Once the information is verified, the person's earned
bonus would display on the screen. Thanks.

Evertjan.

Anthony wrote on 27 dec 2006 in comp.lang.javascript:
Is there a way that I can use javascript to create a popup window that
asks a person to enter a username and password that is stored in a MS
Access database? Once the information is verified, the person's earned
bonus would display on the screen. Thanks.

Yes, there is.

The database would have to be on the server,
so the javascript should be on the server too,
do you agree to that?

Use J[ava]script on the ASP platform.

Anthony

Thanks, I am really new to Javascript. I just put my first script into
a website that I created for my mother's-in-law pizza shop. Can you
point me in the right direction for what I will need to do?

Anthony wrote on 28 dec 2006 in comp.lang.javascript:
Evertjan. said:
Anthony wrote on 27 dec 2006 in comp.lang.javascript:
Is there a way that I can use javascript to create a popup window
that asks a person to enter a username and password that is stored
in a MS Access database? Once the information is verified, the
person's earned bonus would display on the screen. Thanks.

Yes, there is.

The database would have to be on the server,
so the javascript should be on the server too,
do you agree to that?

Use J[ava]script on the ASP platform.

[Please do not toppost on usenet]
Thanks, I am really new to Javascript. I just put my first script
into a website that I created for my mother's-in-law pizza shop. Can
you point me in the right direction for what I will need to do?

Learn, learn, learn, if you wnat to do it yourself,
[or hire a professional programmer].

It would not do to have a database on the client, agree?

[please answer!]

So you need to programme the server.
So you need a sterver that you can programme.
Do you have one available?

[please answer!]

If so, what platform?

ASP?