    direction, I really would appreciate very much indeed.

    Many thanks,

    Dave.
    Dave, Sep 22, 2005

  2. Dave

    Marc Guest

    Dave wrote:
    > I want to password some of my pages which will be used for family purposes
    > only, although they are still in the planning process I would like to get
    > things working correctly before I jump in with both feet so to speak. Also,
    > how do I get the passwords to be recognized by the relevant pages?

    If you're hosted on a Linux server, your best bet would be to use
    ..htaccess protection on a directory and put all the private pages in
    there. Your host may provide such a facility, and if not, google for
    ..htaccess and set it up manually.

    Marc
    Marc, Sep 22, 2005

  3. Dave

    Gufus Guest

    Hi Dave,

    Thursday September 22 2005, Dave writes to All:

    > From:
    > Hi Guys,
    > I want to password some of my pages which will be used for
    > family purposes only, although they are still in the
    > planning process I would like to get things working
    > correctly before I jump in with both feet so to speak. Also,
    > how do I get the passwords to be recognized by the relevant
    > pages?

    You using a Unix server?

    If so setup a .htaccess file. You will have to learn to
    create a (.htaccess .access.pwd) files.

    IE:

    AuthType Basic
    AuthName "restricted area"
    AuthUserFile /data/5/0/131/159/294485/user/299093/htdocs/private/.
    access.pwd
    AuthPam_Enabled off

    <files collection.html*>
    Require user xxxxxx
    </files>

    <files *>
    Require user xxxxx
    </files>

    Options +Indexes

    > -+- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    > + Origin: Calgary Organization CDN Fidonet-Internet Gateway
    > (1:134/77.10)

    Gufus

    mailto:
    http://www.gypsy-designs.com

    .... Running Windows is no better than washing them.
    Gufus, Sep 22, 2005