    Where do I set the smtp server value?

    Thanks

    Regards

    John, Feb 20, 2007

  2. First make sure you have an SMTP server set up. You can do this by
    installing the SMTP Services with IIS, if nothing else. If you have an
    exchange server on your network, you can use it instead, but the network
    admin (Exchange admin) will have to set some things up for you. YOU then add
    the following inside the <configuration> tags:

    <system.net>
    <mailSettings>
    <smtp deliveryMethod="network">
    <network host="{server IP or name}" port="25" defaultCredentials="true"
    />
    </smtp>
    </mailSettings>
    </system.net>

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think outside the box!

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Feb 20, 2007

  3. John

    John Guest

    Hi

    Thanks for this. Sorry for being dumb. Which file does all this go into?
    Thanks again.

    Regards

    message news:...

    John, Feb 21, 2007