    it dissapears during form submits, but persists when simply set to "text".

    How do I set and or persist the PASSWORD field?

    thanks for listening.

    Matthew C, Jun 27, 2003

  2. My understanding it's how browsers work.
    They do not allow to set value for <input type="password">

    George.

    "Matthew C" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a single line input box and when it is set to "password" the value

    in

    George Ter-Saakov, Jun 27, 2003

  3. Hi

    This is one way
    <input name="sPassword" ID="sPassword" type="password"
    value="<%=strPassword%>">

    You could also send a script(JavaScript) to the client to set the password

    --
    Best Regards
    Vidar Petursson

    Vidar Petursson, Jun 27, 2003
  4. Hi

    No password element is NOT read only
    example
    <input type="password" onfocus="this.value='yadda'">

    but input type="file" is read only

    --
    Best Regards
    Vidar Petursson