PasswordRecovery question

Robert Dufour

It looks like the password recovery control by default always generates a
new password. I am testingit with the standard sql express security provider
for a web site in VS2005. Is it possible to only obtain the currently set
password and not generate a new one? If so how?

Thanks for any help.
Bob

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

You can set up config for password recovery (bya llowing it and switching
from Hashed to AES (Rijndael)), but you have to circumvent the natural
motion of the control by circumventing its events. At least as far as I can
tell. If you want to do that, you can completely take control through
different events.

My personal feeling? Write your own membership provider and avoid a lot of
headaches.