Past form data along with a redirect

aomighty

I am trying to get an HTML page to pass data in a hidden form along
with a redirect. The problem I am having is it seems that in order to
pass the form data, there must always be a submit button. I am
wondering if there is any way to pass the form data along with the
redirect so that the variable "var" in the below example will be
available to PHP or whatever else can handle POST data.

<form action="redirect.php" method="post">
<input type="hidden" name="var" value="IT WORKED!" />
</form>

Thanks all.

Rik

I am trying to get an HTML page to pass data in a hidden form along
with a redirect. The problem I am having is it seems that in order to
pass the form data, there must always be a submit button. I am
wondering if there is any way to pass the form data along with the
redirect so that the variable "var" in the below example will be
available to PHP or whatever else can handle POST data.

<form action="redirect.php" method="post">
<input type="hidden" name="var" value="IT WORKED!" />
</form>

Aside from the fact that non-submitted forms will post no date, POST data is
contrary to GET data lost in a redirect
(http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.curl.php). Look at CURL if you want to
redirect with POST values, but consider why it should be POST in your
opinion.

Offcourse, if you want to redirect, and you have to possibilities of PHP,
redirecting using a hidden form is needlessly ccomplicated.

Grtz,