Pasting an Outlook e-mail into a webpage

Lisa

Is there any way to copy an e-mail from Outlook and paste it into a
webpage? I don't mean the contents of the e-mail. I know that I can
copy an e-mail and paste the .eml file onto my desktop, and then I can
browse to that file from a webpage, so that I can save the .eml file
to a database. What I want to know is if there's a way to save all of
the hassle for my users and just copy the e-mail, and then paste it
into the page, avoiding the "save it to the desk top" and "browse to
it" steps.

Thanks,
Lisa

darrel

Is there any way to copy an e-mail from Outlook and paste it into a
webpage? I don't mean the contents of the e-mail. I know that I can
copy an e-mail and paste the .eml file onto my desktop, and then I can
browse to that file from a webpage, so that I can save the .eml file
to a database. What I want to know is if there's a way to save all of
the hassle for my users and just copy the e-mail, and then paste it
into the page, avoiding the "save it to the desk top" and "browse to
it" steps.

By 'browse to it' I assume you mean you are uploading a .eml file to your
web application of some sorts? That uses the browser's file upload feature,
and that's pretty much the only way it works.

If you want people to be able to take a file and copy it into your web
browser as a file that can be uploaded, you'd have to use some sort of
activeX or plug-in that could support that type of interaction which would
then pass the file to the browser for you so that you could receive it on
the server.

-Darrel