path problem

Jeff

hi

asp.net 2.0

Here is some flash markup I want to have inside the webpage.

<object width="960" height="108">
<param id="Param1" name="movie" value="../Flash/test.swf" />
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />
<param name="allowFullScreen" value="false" />
<param name="movie" value="../Flash/test.swf" />
<embed src="Flash/test.swf" width="960" height="108"></embed>
</object>

This markup doesn't display the flash movie. the flash movie is located in
~\Flash\ folder.. the page accessing it is locating in ~\Pages\ folder.

root folder
+ Flash folder (contains flash movie)
+ Pages folder (contain problem aspx page)

any suggestions? what path should I use?

Jeff

I've just manage to solve it using:
<embed src="../Flash/test.swf" width="960" height="108"></embed>

Guest

I've just manage to solve it using:
<embed src="../Flash/test.swf" width="960" height="108"></embed>

Be aware that .. (parent paths) are not enabled by default starting
from IIS 6 and this code may not work on the server where parent paths
are disabled.

Jeff

what should I do instead of using .. ?

I've just manage to solve it using:
<embed src="../Flash/test.swf" width="960" height="108"></embed>

Be aware that .. (parent paths) are not enabled by default starting
from IIS 6 and this code may not work on the server where parent paths
are disabled.

Guest

what should I do instead of using .. ?

You can put your swf file in the same directory where your asp.net
form is located and use value="Flash/test.swf", or you can use full
path started from the root, for example, if ~\Flash\ folder is
http://site/Flash/ then value can be value="/Flash/test.swf" (with a
slash). Hope this helps

Andrew Morton

Alexey said:
Be aware that .. (parent paths) are not enabled by default starting
from IIS 6 and this code may not work on the server where parent paths
are disabled.

That applies just to ASP; from the help about enabling parent paths:
"Select to allow ASP pages to use relative paths to the parent directory of
the current directory (paths using the .. syntax)."

More:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/332117

Andrew

Guest

That applies just to ASP; from the help about enabling parent paths:
"Select to allow ASP pages to use relative paths to the parent directory of
the current directory (paths using the .. syntax)."

More:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/332117

Andrew

Ah, you're right! I forgot it's just because of execute rights
there... Thank you for pointing it out.