path.py and directory naming: trailing slash automatic?

metaperl.mogd

Hi,

I'm a big fan of path.py. One thing that I think is a good idea is for
directories to automatically have a slash appended to them if it is not
automatically added. Eg:

from path import path

dir = path('/some/dir')

x = dir + "file" # should yield /some/dir/file

I emailed the author of path.py but I think he must be extremely busy.
It took him 2-3 weeks to answer my first email and it's been longer
than that for the one I sent regarding this.

Max Erickson

Hi,

I'm a big fan of path.py. One thing that I think is a good idea
is for directories to automatically have a slash appended to them
if it is not automatically added. Eg:

from path import path

dir = path('/some/dir')

x = dir + "file" # should yield /some/dir/file

I emailed the author of path.py but I think he must be extremely
busy. It took him 2-3 weeks to answer my first email and it's
been longer than that for the one I sent regarding this.

just use '/' if that is what you want:

If + also did that, it would be more difficult to change the extension
when renaming a file or whatever.

max