path question in hosting a windows Form control

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?eHVkZXV0c2No?=, Jan 26, 2006.

  1. My control should be availabel for several .aspx pages. so i put it
    in a seperate directory and this directory is in the same level as
    those pages. My question is , will IIS browse the directory and find my
    control?
    In the developing environment , it is no problem but when i deploy it,
    there is only .net Runtime(the .net redistributable package) installed.
    IIS cant find it and what is the reason?

    Following is an example, it does make sense and it represents my situation in
    the project

    Mycontrol.dll is in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\MyProject\control
    WebFrom1.aspx.cs is in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\MyProject\FirstModule
    WebFrom2.aspx.cs is in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\MyProject\SecondModule

    in WebForm1.aspx.cs:
    String nextpage;
    nextpage="<object id="MyControl"
    classid="http:..\control\MyControl.dll#MyControl.MyGraphicControl"
    height="966" width="1280">
    <param name="myFile" value="test.GED" /></object>"
    Response.write(nextpage);
    =?Utf-8?B?eHVkZXV0c2No?=, Jan 26, 2006