path to files keeps changing with a GetParserCacheItem error

Karl Lang

Hi,
I'm getting a really strange error with a web application. I get the
following stacktrace:

Error Message: X:\Web\site.www\category\products\index.aspx
Stack Trace: at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItem()
at
System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser.CompileAndGetParserCacheItem(String
virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context)
at System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser.GetCompiledInstance(String
virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context)
at System.Web.UI.PageParser.GetCompiledPageInstanceInternal(String
virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context)
at System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandler(HttpContext context,
String requestType, String url, String path)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpContext context, String
requestType, String path, String pathTranslated, Boolean useAppConfig)

The strange part is the folder products does not exist under category. They
both site at the same level under the root
I see a few of these and its not a code error with an invalid link as the
error doesn't consistently appear and the error has never appeared for me
while testing. Besides if it was an invalid link wouldn't I get a 404 error?

Anyone have any ideas why the links randomly rewrite themselves?