path to files keeps changing with a GetParserCacheItem error

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Karl Lang, Sep 24, 2004.

  1. Karl Lang

    Karl Lang Guest

    Hi,
    I'm getting a really strange error with a web application. I get the
    following stacktrace:

    Error Message: X:\Web\site.www\category\products\index.aspx
    Stack Trace: at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItem()
    at
    System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser.CompileAndGetParserCacheItem(String
    virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context)
    at System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser.GetCompiledInstance(String
    virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context)
    at System.Web.UI.PageParser.GetCompiledPageInstanceInternal(String
    virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context)
    at System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandler(HttpContext context,
    String requestType, String url, String path)
    at System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpContext context, String
    requestType, String path, String pathTranslated, Boolean useAppConfig)

    The strange part is the folder products does not exist under category. They
    both site at the same level under the root
    I see a few of these and its not a code error with an invalid link as the
    error doesn't consistently appear and the error has never appeared for me
    while testing. Besides if it was an invalid link wouldn't I get a 404 error?

    Anyone have any ideas why the links randomly rewrite themselves?

    Karl Lang, Sep 24, 2004