    but I have set both the environment variable, with the path to be
    C:\Python23\Doc which includes python23.chm
    Why I still got the above error message?

    Shi Mu, Oct 19, 2005

  2. Shi Mu

    Guest

    The python help function does not use python23.chm, which is a windows
    only help file. You must open it from a menu item or the desktop
    explorer. It does contain an entry for "and".

    Other platforms usually have documentation in html format, which is why
    you get a confusing error message.

    Regards, Paul Clinch

    , Oct 19, 2005