    Struts framework?

    Thanks in advance.
    Surya
    Surya, Jun 14, 2004

  2. Surya

    Sam Guest

    (Surya) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Does anybody can tell me what are all the (Java/J2EE) patterns used in
    > Struts framework?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    > Surya

    I can't tell you all of them, but one of them is the Command Pattern.
    IIRC, when a request of a certain type is received, a front end
    servlet (Front Controller pattern) encapsulates the processing in some
    a subcass of something like "ActionBean" which conforms to the Command
    interface (e.g., implements an "execute" method). This execute method
    is then called by something inside the framework, probably the
    FrontController servlet itself.

    IIRC, the ActionBean's execute method will invoke some kind of a
    business service. The ActionBean itself might be an example of
    ServiceToWorker, and the class on which it invokes the service may be
    an example of a Business Delegate pattern. The Business Delegate in
    turn invokes the actual service on a Stateless Session bean, in an
    example of the Session Facade pattern.

    That call might return some data to be displayed in a JSP page. The
    data should be contained in a java class whose only purpose is to hold
    information, which is a ValueObject.

    The JSP page is template-based in Struts, so that would be an example
    of CompositeView.
    which.

    There is also the whole underlying (overarching?) theme of MVC, where
    the JSP Pages represent the View, the FrontController/Helper classes
    and Session Beans the Control, and the Entity Beans the model.

    Sam90
    Sam, Jun 14, 2004

  3. Surya

    Surya Guest

    Sam,
    Many many thanks for your valuable reply.
    Cheers,
    Surya..

    Surya, Jun 18, 2004