Pb with characters ISO-8859-1

?

=?iso-8859-1?B?VHNjaHXf?=

Hi,

I have a personal site (www.excel-exercice.com) but I have a big pb
with the special characters like é à (espacially in french)
I have write in my header <meta http-equiv="Content-Type"
content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" lang="fr"> but it doesn't
work.
You can see the pb by visiting the site and change the language (by
clicking on the flag)

How could give me an explanation ?

Thx

Ben C

Hi,

I have a personal site (www.excel-exercice.com) but I have a big pb
with the special characters like é à (espacially in french)
I have write in my header <meta http-equiv="Content-Type"
content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" lang="fr"> but it doesn't
work.

I doubt that the lang attribute on a meta element does anything (since
it has no content, and isn't rendered). But never mind, that's not the
main problem here.
You can see the pb by visiting the site and change the language (by
clicking on the flag)

How could give me an explanation ?

It's because the server is delivering those pages with this header:

The server header trumps the meta element.

Your text does appear to be encoded in ISO-8859-1, not UTF-8.

So, two solutions: either change the server to put charset=ISO-8859-1 in
the header instead, or transcode your pages so they are UTF-8 (and
change or delete the meta elements-- it will still work if you don't,
but will cause confusion in future to anyone reading the source).